In 2020, we made history together and secured big wins. As 2022 rapidly approaches, it’s critical that we understand how we won, so we can secure sustainable, long-term progressive leadership, and true change for those closest to injustice. The data we’ve analyzed identifies where both massive potential, and risk for base erosion lie ahead.
EXPLORE THE DATA
Dig into the full 100+ slide presentation with detailed data findings and analysis.
The data collected and analyzed includes programmatic impact data from the voter file gathered from MOUs with 31 grassroots partner organizations, in partnership with The Movement Cooperative. These organizations, of which there were 2–3 per key state, are run by leaders from the communities they organize, have scaled program, and build independent political power year-round. This is not an exhaustive list of Way to Win organizational partners, but those who were invited to participate in Way to Win’s 2020 Data Partnership.
The data collected and analyzed in our report also includes:
- An analysis of 2020 Congressional TV advertising messaging done in April 2021
- A 10,000-sample national poll conducted by Avalanche in June 2021
- A national poll conducted by Data for Progress of voters in November 2020
- Polls of Latinx voters conducted by Equis Labs in three states in 2021
- TargetSmart voter file data from 2020 as well as from past election cycles
- Results from a series of focus groups in 5 states with non-voters completed by Public Wise
- Results from a series of studies to test the effectiveness of Race Class Narrative implemented by ASO Communications
- Results of implementation of the Race Class Narrative by We Make The Future, in collaboration with organizing and research partners